Saturday, November 7, 2020

Oowy chewy rich n gooey cheese - Spiral Diner, Dallas

1101 N Beckley Ave, Dallas, TX    214-948-4747

https://spiraldiner.com/

My first quesadilla since I went vegan! Seven years is a frckn long time. That's a big deal to me. Quesadilla is one of a handful of dishes I truly miss. Vegan cheeses just don't cut it in quesadillas, so I had written them off to my rearview mirror. Until today, when I saw it in the Spiral Diner online menu and locked in, and all day long I was a'yearning for the time when I could order. This miracle cheese is the real deal! It's gooey and tasty and something to sink your teeth into. What is it? How does it work? Cashews and something else that we can't figure out. Anyway, this fat quesadilla oozed with it and faux beef and had a chipotle sizzle even before I garnished with pickled jalapenos and guacamole. I was no mas after tackling this monster.

Mab got the barbecue nachos special, loaded with tangy saucy strips on crispy homemade chips and topped with queso. They gave us a tub of queso to make a mess with, which we bloody did. Definitely leftovers in the morning, mushy but too good to throw away. Spiral Diner's got its cheese down. What a fun meal. This place is exceptional. Big menu that I can't wait to see again, and three locations. Treat yourself, check them out.

Nearby camping, Cedar Hills State Park

flight museum, Frontiers of Flight

No comments:

Post a Comment