Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Fall: fun or not?

How do you feel when fall comes around? How does the MS react in you?

Fall used to be my jam! The dread summer heat and humidity had gone, and the air felt crisp, light and refreshing. With every breath I was breathing in energy. I would sit straighter. I would go places and get things done. I had awoken from a long drowsiness and was out in the mix again, before the winter came.

Fast forward a few years, and the same invigorating coolness in the air now feels like chill. It triggers my muscle tone, and leads to aches and fatigue. Now the sunshine is swapped out for dreary gray skies and wetness. Such is life: MS changes and so do we.

I still savor autumn, it's colors, it's smells, but I do so under another layer or two of clothing – and would someone shut that damn window please?

No comments:

Post a Comment